View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 09:53 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Her local team Ajaccio FC have a chance of being promoted to the first division if/when the season resumes. They're currently third place which means if they finished there they'd have to win a playoff match to get into Ligue One. I wonder if she ever goes to their games every now and then, though it makes sense if she'd rather stay away from any journalists or media personnel potentially at the match.

It's no surprise she's a fan of Zidane being a fan of the national team in the 90s, and 2000s. Though as an Arsenal myself I've wondered if she has a soft spot for the Premier League club with the French connection established under Wenger. For those unfamiliar, during the late 90s and early 2000s Arsenal were one of the 2 best teams in England (alongside Manchester United) winning the league 3 times in 1998, 2002 and 2004. At the time Arsene Wenger was the coach, and Thierry Henry became our highest ever goal scorer, both of whom are French as well as other legendary players in the squad such as Vieira and Pires. In 2003/04 the team became the first and only team to go undefeated over the course of a full season, earning the nickname 'Invincibles'. Henry is also the top scorer for the French National team.

The French connection is still there with our 3 most expensive signings all having played in France, 2 of which were signed directly from French teams, and there are several other players we've signed from France in the current squad. Our current manager also played in France in the early 2000s.

Obviously Alizee probably doesn't follow the Premier League at all but if she were to choose a favourite team I imagine it might be Arsenal. This is all just hypothetical, I would love it if she were to choose the Gunners as her English team, but it's also good to see she's loyal to her local club and the national team. It's payed off in France winning the most recent world cup, let's hope Ajaccio get promoted and can compete in Ligue One.

This was a bit of a weird ramble, what do you guys think?
In this interview she talks about her local team Ajaccio FC. You can see about it here 11:00-11:38
(I added subtitles so you have an English translation)