View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 07:12 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Perhaps it's best if I keep it to myself, but that wouldn't feel right. If just one person I know has the same reaction to her stuff I did, I know how significant that is and don't want to take that away from anyone

So, what do I do?
I just kept it to myself all these years with the understanding that if somebody asks me a question like naming the celebrity that I admire the most, or who I find the most beautiful, I will answer truthfully. Never happened as of yet. When I feel the need to talk about Alizee, I come here.

I agree with RedRafe about not putting yourself in a situation with your friends where you start gushing about this Corsican beauty and they have to see her, and so on, and you play endless YouTube videos of her for them. You would probably set yourself up to be disappointed in their reaction. They will probably challenge you and want to show you videos of who THEY like. They might try to pick Alizee apart, pointing out her flaws to you. This is most likely to happen when there are more than one friend present.

I say this because this happened to a young member of ours a few years ago. He is a university student from Venezuela, and got bit by the Lili bug hard. He did what you are thinking about doing, and one of his friends made a comment that she had a big forehead, and another said something else and the whole thing did not end well. He came back to the forum wondering if there was something wrong with HIM for his strong attraction to Alizee.

Somebody left a comment on one of Alizee's videos that said something like "Alizee is OK but this girl is the most beautiful that I have seen" and a link to another YouTube video. I clicked the link and it was another singer and I found really nothing particularly attractive about that girl at all. So beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.

We both know that with Alizee, her appeal goes much deeper than her beauty and you connected with that. A group of guys sitting together watching JEAM is not the atmosphere for any other of them to have that same experience. The conversation will revolve around the superficial.

However...

I really, really like the advice that Kajue gives.

You don't build Alizee up, and your friend could not resist pressing that link you send him. I think late at night would be important. Alizee becomes his focal point and he is free to rewatch the video 100 times like most of us had our first time.

For J'en Ai Marre, I like the Pour Laurette version the best. If a person that glow, she does it here. Her eyes and smile are irresistible. But to each their own.

Keep us up to date!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Interesting...though I'm not 100% sure if J'en ai Marre is the right song to start off with. It may have worked for Kajue and I, but as Scruffy was saying it's quite a powerful performance that people could take the wrong way. Still though, thanks for the input guys, the more options to consider the better
There is always La Isla Bonita. Lots of members here saw Alizee for the first time in this video. It does have some advantages over the others. It's in English and the song is a popular one, so most have heard it. Now there is this beauty singing it with a cute French accent. Her outfit is more modest. There is that slow belly dance that she does at the beginning which is on pretty much every Alizee highlight reel. It's a good choice.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 06-08-2020 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts