View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 09:14 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for starting this thread and posting this, Ben.Daly. I was looking at it this morning and did a screen grab of the chart and was going to post it later, but you beat me to it. Starting a thread on it was a good idea.

There was some surprises on the chart, and Alizee making the list was one of them. It's really good to see she has not been forgotten there. I know a number of the people on the chart due to my exposure to the Les Enfoires shows. I had learned to like quite a few French artists through it.

The fact that male French artists do better than female French artists over the long run has been a topic of discussion before. Mylene Farmer is the exception, and I was a little surprised she didn't get higher than #24. The women tend to peak early then fade.

Shy'm used to be extremely popular. She is a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice. She became of cast member of Les Enfoires in 2012 and was part of the group of judges when Alizee and Greg won DALS. I am surprised to see her at #87.

Jean-Jacques Goldman is retired from music and sits at #1. This is a surprise. He was a cast member of Les Enfoires. No surprise that Celine Dion is in the top ten.

Pascal Obispo remains strong at #16 and it's good to see Zazie up there at #36. They were both heavily involved in composing the music for Alizee on her Blonde album.

Lorie Pester didn't even make the list. And Louane is only #57? We were talking about Louane a few years ago. Her videos had millions of views and her future looks very bright. She is only 23. Very surprised she didn't rank higher.