View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 10:20 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajue View Post
I know there is still a general incentive on this forum to promote Alizée here in the US, as well as wish that Alizée should've been marketed more here in the US. Although it may seem pretty much hopeless at this point, I think a Discord server could be a major factor in making this happen.
Most Alizee fans in the US just stumble upon her. Alizee, Mylene or any other French artist has zero airplay here. I'm not quite sure why, but there is a general distaste for French people in the US. Maybe it's because of how the movies generally portray the French as being rude and snobby to Americans? In my experience, I found that to be untrue, at least of those I had met.

I suppose there is a greater chance of people in the US stumbling upon Alizee on a Discord server than a standalone web site.

At this juncture, the Discord community would be an extension of this web site, not a replacement. When naming the community, I think it should contain "Alizee America" in it, or just be named it and nothing else. We can include a link to the Discord community on this web site, and a link to this web site on Discord. If it flops, we can dissolve it and we would still have this site. If it takes off as hoped, then we would have some decisions to make long term.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
The last downtime was likely caused by bugs/limitations in our version of vBulletin. We haven't been able to update that in a long time due to loosing the original license when the site changed hands.
Thanks for posting about the license. I wasn't aware of this and it explains a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I can't take point now, but would be happy to support any community effort, and can re-direct the alizeeamerica.com address to the new home once it's fully established.
Any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-22-2020 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts