View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 10:49 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
I disagree. When this site was created, it's name of Alizée America was meant to signify that its members were a community from the United States in general, and maybe Canada and the rest of the Americas. At the time and until recently, Alizée Italia, Alizée France, Alizée India, Alizée Brazil, Alizée Russia, Alizée Spain, Alizée World (from Mexico), and many, many more fan websites and forums existed to represent a particular country or region of fans in the world. The dream was to try and build a large enough community that it could be recognized and perhaps bring Alizée over to perform or tour.
Are all of these forums gone or are there still a couple that linger on? As someone who joined AAm only this year, I got the impression that it must've evolved into the place for English-speakers, and that perhaps there were other forums for those speaking Russian, Spanish, Italian etc. Considering how you see fans from all over the world in YouTube comment sections and on Instagram, are we sure all the other forums are gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
We've had many members from all over the world, and today, maybe 5 or 6 of us active members are from the US, with everyone else representing other locations. I think at this point, if we want to build a community for all Alizée fans, we should come up with a new name. Especially if the Discord server is not meant to be a replacement for Alizée America.
I agree with this sentiment, though it shouldn't really be too much of a problem either way. Guess we'd need a new name for it.