View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 06:41 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Kajue mentioned there is no way to create a thread. So I am assuming a channel would be like a fancy chat box with one long continuous conversation that can go in any direction. Is this correct?
Yes, that's essentially what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
If so, what would you chat about today? Alizee's makeup line? Alizee does not produce breaking news. Maybe she will in the future if she ever releases a new record, but for now, I am envisioning that an unstructured chat would go off topic continuously. Or maybe people will get bored and quit coming. There are a lot of thread topics here, and most of them are reminiscing. But reminiscing of what Alizee was and what she is today and everything in between is interesting and fun. I'm not sure whether this can be pulled off in Discord.
You can create separate channels on discord all under the one server, with each channel being about a specific topic or subgenre, similar to how we have different megathreads here (Media, Discussion, News etc). So that would make things a bit more organized and help keep conversation on topic, at least more so than just 1 big chat.

It's still not the same as the Threads here where everything is more structured and you can have many more smaller threads within topic threads, but it would help. We would definitely have an off-topic thread which I suspect might be the most popular channel.