View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 11:04 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
You can create separate channels on discord all under the one server, with each channel being about a specific topic or subgenre, similar to how we have different megathreads here (Media, Discussion, News etc). So that would make things a bit more organized and help keep conversation on topic, at least more so than just 1 big chat.

It's still not the same as the Threads here where everything is more structured and you can have many more smaller threads within topic threads, but it would help. We would definitely have an off-topic thread which I suspect might be the most popular channel.
OK. Thanks for the explanation. So for an international audience, we would need a Media (English), Media (French), Media (Spanish), Media (German), etc. and so on through all the different channel topics. I would think this would really spread the members out.

So, I really want to get sold on this idea. Right now I have hesitations. Maybe it's a generational thing? I come from a time when emails were the hot thing. I still like emails because it gives me time to think out what I am going to put in it. Posting on a forum is essentially the same. Younger generations seem to not take so well to email and prefer texts and social media where things move quickly.