View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 02:30 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Thanks Merci Alizee. Very interesting stuff on that video. That guys bowl at the 5 minute mark was crazy!

I found a wiki site that compares and contrasts baseball to cricket. I think what struck me the most was the differences in what would be a normal score for a game, with cricket being substantially higher.

I am a big baseball fan who has visited more than half the ballparks in the states. My goal is to visit them all over time, but this covid stuff has put a wrinkle in my plans for the time being.

I know a lot of people consider baseball too slow and boring, but I find the strategy aspect of the game enhances the enjoyment. There are many instances where a losing team comes from behind to win a game when they were a single strike away from losing. It can be so unpredictable and proves the game is not over until that last out is made. Does cricket have the same kind of intensity, with miracle comebacks and all that?
Yes, recently only Indian cricket team was dismissed for their lowest ever score against Australia in first match and everyone thought team would be rolled over. Moreover, best batter went back home for personal reasons. But team showed character and won 2nd game.

There are last minute drama in games also.