View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 09:23 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKenSkullDG View Post
She's also in part to blame for her French Fans "rejecting" her. Even if it wasn't intentional. But it certainly ended up having that effect.

_____

Canada has got Celine Dion. That's all they need it seems.
I've "read" that Alizée fans were Mylene Farmer fans first and once there was a cough, cough, dispute, they went back to MF. There used to be a MF website called Mylene Famer International I believe and they had an Alizee section and what people said about Alizee wasn't very complimentary. It's probably in our archives.

Mylene is huge in France. You'd think she'd be huge in French speaking Canada too. Is she? Mylene said when she moved to France, she had to learn a different dialect because of the way people looked upon the way she spoke it. Is there resentment or competition between the two countries? I have no idea but it would be interesting to look into.

If French speaking Canadiens don't like the fact that MF moved to France, they probably wouldn't like Alizee.

I'm a fan of Celine. What an incredible song "My heart will go on" is and the way she belts it out is spectacular. I also liked the way she stood by her husband, but I saw her one year when she was in Les Enfoires and I thought she was full of herself if you know what that term means?