View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 06:32 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
This is from August of 2020, and this guy is from the U.S. He has positive things to say, and what I like best is when he describes Alizée's performance as "...very sensual and very sexy without being vulgar..."
This is such an important point to me. It is exactly how I think of Alizée. Women in particular, I think, can appreciate when a woman is "sensual and sexy" but be disgusted with vulgarity. It is one of the things that differentiates Alizée from many of the very crude young women performers of today.
I didn't realize these kind of videos were called Vlogs. I thought they were called reaction videos. I have watched quite a few of them for different songs and I find them quite entertaining. I had no idea that there were any for Alizee though, but it's nice to know.

So I think "...very sensual and very sexy without being vulgar..." is what drives her appeal across genders. Not every guy likes trashy and vulgar. In fact, I think there are more men repulsed by trashy than not. I would describe Alizee's JEAM performance exactly like this guy did with those words.

I think Alizee casts a positive image for women in general, but cannot say the same for nearly every female pop performer in the last twenty years or so. There is nothing wrong with women wishing to be sensual and sexy, but there is a definite line in the sand that Alizee would not cross. That is where respect comes in, and I believe her fans have a great deal of respect for her, not necessarily all for what she did, but also for what she refused to do.