View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 11:38 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post
I have some intermediate level of French and one day I was practising by reading a French discussion about someone forced to apologise for breaking rules (details not important). One commenter mused that in France people would not accept responsibility in the same way, it reminded him of the line 'C'est pas ma faute à moi !' with a link to the Moi... Lolita video. I watched that and was instantly hooked by her beauty, her voice, everything.

What stands out to me just thinking about this is that music does not play such a huge role in my life - normally I do not try to find so much about a new singer and discover everything about their personal life, much less would I be motivated to join a forum. For Alizée, since my discovery (only a couple of months ago) I've searched for every nugget of information related to her. Proof, if it were needed, that she is special.

So a strange way to discover Alizée probably but something I am infinitely happy about and that has brought me joy. I still have loads more Alizée songs to work through...
Thank you for sharing Elise, and welcome to the forum! And what an interesting way to discover her, quite unique to anything I've heard. That feeling of being instantly 'hooked' however is much more common, she just has that much of an impact upon first viewing.

What you said about not previously being particularly keen on pursuing new music, you're also not alone. It's the same case for myself, Alizée is the first and still only artist I've paid real close attention to. And this forum is the only one (of it's kind) I've joined.

And on the topic of the forum, there's ~15 years worth of threads to dig through if you're keen, though most just focus on the newly posted stuff of course. But if you want to go searching there's plenty of interesting discussions and information to come across.