View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 09:06 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Before I give my opinion of her tattoos again, I want to preface it by saying that based on what I know about Alizee, which I believe is quite a bit, I think she is an exceptional person in every regard. Not only is she gorgeous, she has numerous personality traits that I consider very attractive. It's not very often that you see a person that is both calming and expressive, but she is one that has it.

The lizard tattoo was no big deal to me, but made me wonder what inspired her to get that on her at so young of an age? Did it mean anything to her or was it a random choice? Mylene obviously thought it would not represent a lolita image because her outfits always included boots to cover it up. Knowing what we know about her childhood and school days, Alizee was not one of the "cool kids." She said she was teased about her glasses. She has some tomboy tendencies and is a bit of a "geek". I like those traits of hers, but for a girl in school wanting to fit in and having boys like her and all the other school age priorities, she might have felt socially awkward. The lizard tattoo might have been an attempt to show she was a little edgy to improve her social status.

Tinkerbell on her back is wayyy too big. It came with a total new look for Alizee and a new album. Speaking as a guy about women in general, when a woman wears a dress that drapes down in the back and shows the top half of her back, I think it is sexy. It is all the better when the woman has beautiful skin, like Alizee. But with her, you have a huge, brightly colored cartoon character staring at you. I don't like it at all but my mind already erases it and I don't really even notice it much anymore.

The disaster which is on Alizee's right arm took a while for me to accept and get over. I know that a tattoo "sleeve" is popular with young people, but there usually is some artistic quality to it. But not her arm. Alizee looks like she suffered a terrible accident while working at a paint store. I agree with what Shepherd said. Alizee was self-medicating herself with tattoos to fight the depression caused by a failed marriage. Alizee is about as loyal of a person as you can find, so this failure was probably very hard for her to deal with.

So there is my beef about her tattoos. I really don't think about them anymore and the thought of turning my back on Alizee because of them never entered my mind. The most important thing is that she had moved on and right now is living the life she probably has dreamed about.

Comparing Alizee's music with Mylene and post Mylene is like apples and oranges. MF/LB are a cut above everybody else in France and the music they arranged for Alizee fit like a glove. In a way it made sense for Alizee to break free when she did, but not how she did it. If there was an agreement for one more album, Alizee should have honored that agreement. However, she was no longer single and Jeremy had early success musically, so it probably was a joint decision to try to make it on their own. I can't say it was a smart decision, but it was theirs to make.

Psych was pretty good but missed the mark. Alizee was in her early 20's and her "hotness" score was off the charts. There were a few very good songs, such as PLP, and then for some others I wondered why they were on the album. The album seemed to target an age group ten years beyond where she was when she should have targeted the late teens through 20's age group. UEDS did much of the same. By the time Alizee put out an album that tried to connect to her peers, Blonde, it was already too late.

Scruffy was right about K.O. and Alcaline, the two best songs on Blonde. If there was the budget to produce one video, it should have been Alcaline. Instead the gimmicky song Blonde was selected.

I still listen to Alizee quite a bit - all her albums. Even though it looks like her music career is over, at least she has six albums to her name.

Edit:

Forgot to mention that Alcaline would have been better without the auto-tune. If Alizee wanted to incorporate auto-tune into her music, it should have been in Psych, when auto-tune was still popular. By Blonde, the music industry already was moving on from it.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 07-14-2021 at 09:18 AM..