Thread: History of AA
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 03:21 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
....................But still, I wonder how it has been possible when Alizée practically didn’t market herself there at all! It must also be remembered that at the beginning of the 2000s, many did not yet have the Internet and Youtube was quite different [worse] than it is now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
From Wikipedia:
"YouTube is an American online video sharing and social media platform owned by Google. It was launched in February 2005 by Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim. It is the second most visited website, with more than one billion monthly users...who collectively watch more than one billion hours of videos each day...As of May 2019, videos were being uploaded at a rate of more than 500 hours of content per minute."
So Youtube started in 2005. I remember too that "Google videos" was a popular source of music video, maybe more so than YT in the beginning and it may have been through them that I discovered Alizée because their pages had similar set upsl.

Another great source of videos called Napster, saw it's beginning around the same time as Alizée's career did. It opened on June of 1999. You could get just about anything out there as far as audio and video. You knew it was too good to be true and wouldn't last long and they were sued and had to shut down in July of 2001. I wonder if any of Alizée's music made it onto their platform?