View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 04:59 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post
Another question then. I was reading about the Alizée's decision to leave Mylène Farmer. There has been something repeated many times here, which is that she found out she was not making enough money as she should have been. Where does this rumour come from? I guess we won't know for sure the reasons behind her decision and can only make plausible guesses, but I'd like to know. I hope this rumour sounds familiar to someone.

EDIT: Here's a reference to what I'm talking about.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...18&postcount=6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well that link was to one of my posts on the topic. I've been a fan for over 14 years. I've been to Europe and talked to some of her fans who have followed her closely for longer than I have and one of them on a very close basis and from seeing what I have on line and hearing from others who are in a better position to know, I formed my opinions.

One thing I've heard is she was actually under contract with MF/LB for a third album and one way of getting out of that was to wait until 2007 when it was due to expire.

I've heard they separated on bad terms. I believe Alizee said her self that when Psych was finished, she sent the first cd to Mylene and didn't hear back from them.

There is also a rumor that MF was upset by one of the songs on that album and maybe that is why they appeared not to communicate for years after.

But I have to mention, Mylene and Alizée are very private people and if you want to hear something concrete on this subject, you wont.
In a way, this "Alizée's decision to leave her mentor" determined everything that happened after that.

So to speak "in good and bad sense"...

The hardest thing for me as a fan: was it a good thing or a bad thing?

We fans don’t have a definitive answer to this, but there are opinions!

Alizée 💜