Thread: Rumor control
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2022, 05:30 AM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Julia is not an interesting person. She lacks Alizée's charisma and stage presence. But I see no signs of a floundering career. Mylène's impact on Julia, as far as success is concerned wasn't big enough to the extent, that people are as off put of her not working with Mylène as they were when Alizée left. Besides, most Mylène fans want to see M to focus on her own career anyway. She didn't release a new Album for 6 years, while working with Alizée. Regardless, Julia has shown these past few months, that she is willing to take the initiative. She hasn't experienced major success thus far but looks very happy and puts herself out there. It doesn't appear, that she takes failure as badly as Alizée does, but then again only time will truly tell.

As for Alizée, it doesn't matter if publications cover the recent loss of a pet. It's no different than any other news regarding her personal life. It's the sort of thing where, depending on the situation, people say "I'm happy for you." or "I'm sorry for your loss." even if they don't mean it. It's something that only Alizée can truly care about. Which is about as far as anything she does goes. It's only about what she wants to do or wants to share. There is not enough to get anyone invested long term anymore. That make up marketing campaign did a great job for example. Did anyone care about the product? But we got all of these beautiful pictures of her and that's something everyone can appreciate. Her recent performances are a diffent thing all together. Were used to such a high standard from the early days of her career that it makes most everything else she does pale in comparison. "Moi... Lolita" will always be fine but "J'en Ai Marre" has just not been good since. A little more variety would help. Especially, if we get actual TV performances out of it, preferrably without 10 background dancers and a camera production crew, that should clearly be fired ("Jaka to Melodia" last year anyone?). I'm not exactly having high hopes of a Mylène Farmer reunion but as you said, that's about as much as we can hope for and it would be a best case scenario for her future - for us fans more than for her. It's not like she's getting into acting anytime soon. Or anything that doesn't involve yet another golf trip or family vacation. Again, that's for her - not us. What do we get out of it? Nothing. Same for all those dance competitions. And just the thought of her having yet another child, which could set her back for several years again.

But, who knows. There is still time left. Perhaps one day, the wait will have been worth it.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 03-25-2022 at 08:09 AM..