View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée 4K View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm a very longtime fan of Alizée. I don't use social media very much but I recently started making 4K AI upscales of Alizée performances and interviews so came looking for somewhere to share them - I've made a new thread in the "Media" section.
Quote:
Alizée's music is actually especially good for this, because the lyrics are often very deep and have a lot of double meanings, metaphors, similie etc and also reflect a lot of the differences between French and British/American understandings of certain cultural experiences. I've challenged myself to be able to learn and sing along with all of her songs, and also to translate them all into English, but rather than be direct literal translations (which lose a lot) to write poetic lyrics that give the same feeling, themes etc.
Hi Alizée 4K!
I thoroughly enjoyed your introduction! This forum has been around for a long time, and it goes through periods of time when there is a lot of activity, and other times—like lately, when Alizée has not been as visible—of relative quiet.
Many of us check in regularly even if we don’t have a lot to post.

It’s fascinating that you have worked on translations of Alizée’s lyrics. We’ve discussed many of them in here, and several of us have even paid translators to help us understand them.

I look forward to reading your posts and also what you’ve shared in the Media section.
Welcome!

Last edited by Bamagirl; 06-16-2023 at 08:34 PM..