View Single Post
Old 09-06-2023, 05:08 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default Le French Language

Strangely; if I see the written French I can sometimes Parse out the meaning of the entries. However I cannot speak or write French !
This is like a Science Project; where I had to use a Scientific American Magazine to make it work. I read the article ; but I could make no sense of it ! So I had to re-read each word and then each sentence by itself to parse out the meaning ! Since the scientific words were based on greek or latin roots; I was able to parse out the meaning of words, then sentences and than paragraphs; so that I finally managed to get through the whole article and then re-read it for the complete meaning to get my project going.
So this is the way I get through a written French article; although not understanding it always completely ! So in a strange way; sometimes I can read the French ! I got an email from the Elysee ; when I was trying to email them to get the Legion d'Honneur for Alizee; however they just send me emails on French updates. So I improve my French reading ! I had to look up what Cocorico meant which turns out it is the French Rooster, I think, which is on their emails ! Ha !