View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 03:49 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

What are your picks for the college football playoffs?

No. 1 Michigan vs. No. 4 Alabama | Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California

One-loss Alabama managed to eke their way into the top four over unbeaten Florida State. I don't think Alabama is better than Georgia overall, but they beat Georgia in the SEC championship game so it's only right to have Alabama represent the SEC in the CFP.

The cheating scandal surrounding Michigan will hopefully get blown wide open after the playoffs. The illegal scouting of future opponents has been going on for several years, and it remains to be seen if they used technology to steal signs. Anything Michigan accomplishes this year might be yanked out from under them, as it should if they violated NCAA rules.

It's going to be a defensive battle and rather low scoring, but Alabama will prevail 24-17.

No. 2 Washington vs. No. 3 Texas | Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, Louisiana

I've followed Washington's quarterback Penix, Jr. since his days at Indiana, and he is scary good when he's on. Taking down Oregon in the Pac-12 championship proved they belong in the CFP, but I question the strength of the teams they played all season.

Quinn Ewers for Texas was a 5 star recruit and finally showing that this year. I haven't seen more than a couple of Texas games this year, and the early win over Alabama was impressive.

This game will be a shootout, but Washington will win 42-35.