View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 11:11 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by badog7 View Post
Rocket - you or your family are from which "old" country?- "root cellar" could be any backwoods agrarian-that has another meaning in my country-lol- but your family is from France, or are you or your hubby Canadian- your husband speaks french? You are perhaps, like Celine & Mylene, Quebecquois? Am I being too curious?
Ainsi, you say "my husband likes her because of her looks. Which is why I come here." Huh? You dont mention Alizee style, moves, singing? What makes her so fantastique?
Her looks are tres bon-elle est bien faite~but its the whole person~Alizee's unique abilities that makes her so special...
Btw saw a promo of "A good year" with Russell Crowe and they played "moi Lolita" over the top! YESSS!! Just love the opening air of that song- LAurent B is such a good composer- worried about Mr Chatelain tho...lol
Vive Alizee !
LOL I was making a joke. I'm from Chicago, Illinois As far as the 'old country', my dad is from Spain and my mom is half French and half Irish.

Back in the day, many people had gardens and they would pickle or can vegetables and store them in a cover hole in the ground known as 'root cellars'. Root cellars were cool and dry and, at the time, was a great storage place.

My husband learned French the same as I did, in highschool. He just happened to pick it up faster and remembers more than me.

I have never heard Celine, Mylene or Quebecquois' music. What makes Alizee so fantastique? Too me, nothing. I just like some of her songs. I know that's hard for some of the members here to grasp. To me, she could be a 300 lbs hunchback and I would still enjoy her singing. Some of the members feel the same as me, but most equate her looks with her singing talent. Alizee is beautiful but that has nothing to do with why I enjoy her songs. I don't place her on a pedestal and worship her as some sort of diety.

The first song I heard was Moi-Lolita and loved it. I wanted to see if she made anything else and that's why I joined this forum. I found a ton of information since I've been here. When the movie A Good Year came out, I wrote to several television shows to have her as a musical guest. I've set up her music videos on myspace to reach more people. When the movie came out, I rushed to see it. It was a good movie but my favorite part was when I heard Moi-Loita being played in beautiful Dobly. he he