View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 08:18 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I'm not suggesting that she go off the deep end (she has to remain true to herself - this is why we were all drawn to her after all) however, she does have to keep refreshing herself - "keep it new" so to speak.

The La Isla Bonita performance demonstrated what a striking beauty she is (much more so than Madonna), and how her beauty and presence are a very powerful combination. Also, she has a natural style, a poise, that most do not have. Perhaps this performance gave us a glimpse of one of the "looks" of the new adult Alizee.
Yet at the same time, we must look at the Alizée we saw performing For Me, Formidable with Jenifer (one of my favourites ). We cannot tell which image Lili is going to take, but it could be either one.

My money would be on the more mature Formidable image. Why? Though Alizée is beautiful in the Isla performance, that was three years ago, and she has a limited time left with the ability to look like that. With the older, more mature image, she will look great for a long time. It's almost as if she'll be moving to give new young singers room, while taking up a different space in the music market.

Of course, I wouldn't bet on what Alizée's image will be. From one album to another, she changed from a pedophile magnet to a squeaky clean teenager!