View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 10:00 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road
Default Wikipedia Needs Our Help!

Go to this page, Alizée's page on Wikipdedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alizée

You'll notice something about it. There's no picture of her, only a template! Wikipedia desperately needs a free image of Alizée. Not just an image pulled off of a server free of charge, but one with a free license. This means that anybody can use it, manipulate it, or do anything they want with it. This makes Wikipedia a much more portable resource.

So, what gives you the right to make your image free? Simple. You need to own it. If you snapped a picture of Alizée while at one of her concerts, performances, or randomly on the street, you can make it free, and Wikipedia needs it.

Have a free image? You can license it yourself under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 license and upload it to Wikipedia, then edit the page, or I can do it for you. Just PM me with the image, and give me all rights to it. I will then own the copyrights to the image, and be able to license it and make all the edits for you. Yes, I will now own the image, not you, but it will be under this non-revokable license, so even if I wanted to stop allowing you to use it, I wouldn't be able to.

Please help improve Alizée's page -- We need a free image!