View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
So because Mylène wrote it, it's not what Alizée feels? Alizée knew the images she portrayed, and she knew the effects of it. As the Nightwish song "Bare Grace Misery" says,

Alizée took the image by choice.
It does not necessarily always work that way in the music industry. I am not saying that Alizee does not like what Mylene wants to project in terms of image, ( I personally think she likes it). But in the music industry things are often constructed to follow and appeal to a certain audience that artists may not have a choice over. For example, when Pink first debuted her songs were pop, teen oriented with catchy lyrics because at that time in the music industry in the late 90's/2000, you had Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears that she had to compete against, she was constructed to be a teen pop idol, something that she expressed in an interview that she did not necessarily like, whereas in the later albums by Pink she had more freedom in her music and was able to do music with her own style and not necessarily following what her record label wanted. I think one of the reasons Alizee parted ways with Mylene was becuase she wanted more freedom with her music style, I think she wants to drop the lolita image and project her own image thats herself not what Mylene wants her to be.

Last edited by Ali; 08-11-2007 at 01:49 AM..