Thread: Fifty / Sixty
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Also the fact that she started so very young, at (ahem) 16 (and who else did that? Who else could be described by "pretty sixteen"?), and had a truly meteoric rise that wasn't really under her control, and was never quite real for her.

Edie had a lot more trauma in her career than Alizée, not just because of drugs but for other reasons as well. After leaving Andy Warhol, she developed an enormous crush on Bob Dylan, who didn't tell her that he'd recently gotten married. (Warhol seems to have told her that.) So her love life was much worse than Alizée's has been. (Or so I assume.) She was really too young for the life of stardom.

It may be that Edie represents the life path that Alizée sampled, and then rejected, settling down and allowing herself to mature and become stronger before resuming her career in a way that she can control better, being an adult now with a stronger emotional base. In part, this song may be a rather cryptic explanation for her long absence.
I had completely forgotten that Edie started at 16. It is sad how she lost control of her life.

I am glad that Lili didn't allow this to happen. I, also, like the idea that this song could be Lili's cryptic explanation for her long absence.

Last edited by Tye; 08-24-2007 at 05:02 PM..