View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 12:31 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Call me a pessimist but I don't even see a chance of Alizée visiting Canada until at least a year after the initial release of the new album, and only if it does very well in France. And a concert tour being even less likely and further down the road as she doesn't even have plans for a European concert tour yet. Certainly as long as the French music networks in Canada, like Musique Plus, yield zero results for Alizée the chances are slim to none at best. You can always hope the new single when made into a video might show up on Musimax's French Connexion or C'est Neuf but that usually only happens months after it's released in France and usually only if it is popular and the label is interested in promoting the album here. But as said before the Québec media is very protective of Québec artist's and don't usually support artists from France without some sort of public demand. And it is hard to get most of the public to demand something that is not already mass marketed to them. The Fifty-Sixty promo fits with the other videos they play so hopefully once a video is made the label and media have enough interest to air it (but again so does a lot of other music out of France which is never aired here). It isn't a concert but at least it's a step in the right direction, which is what is needed if Alizée is ever going to visit in an official capacity and not just for another vacation. I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of in person interview and/or performance in Montreal at one of the French music stations though, but that will only happen if her videos get put into regular rotation and do well enough for them to think it is worthwhile.

PS: Just for the record Liberia and Malaysia also have flags similar to that of the US (my Larousse has most of the national flags displayed inside its cover), but the story confirms it was a US flag thrown on stage.