View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:11 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

I take it the "offending" remark was deleted from the subject thread, as I can find nothing from RMJ in the Lili thread that I found out of bounds. Of course, I'm not the ultimate judge in these matters, and I respect our moderator's desire to maintain a certain level of civility in this forum.

I guess part of my view comes from the fact I particpate in some forums where nothing is taboo. Expect to get called anything and everything under the sun. Coming from a forum like that, this forum is like candy land, even when RMJ goes off. On the flip side, I'm also a moderator on a family friendly forum, and the rules CHANGE CONSIDERABLY. So I learn to play by the rules of those who are masters of the forum. Every forum is different.

Remaining civil when one is the subject of an uncivil act is one of the great milestones a person reaches in their life. There are times when a response may be necessary. But to remain calm, holding return fire...that take maturity. What better place to learn it but in a place of words and ideas. A forum like this.

Cheerio.