View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 11:53 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I just went and read the entire Lili thread. It got to the point of being hilarious at how some people got sucked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
I'm sorry for being an ass and pissing everyone off. That's just how I am.

But then again, sometimes those who gets pissed off should think, too, if there's actual reason to get pissed off...
You are who you are. Because you are so highly regarded for your Alizée knowledge, many give your words more weight then they deserve when you are just being bitchy. It would be helpful if you could somehow let them know when you are not being so serious (for example, the smilies do help in this regard).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
But I'm sorry anyways... won't happen again.
Of course it will. You will be you, and due to the limitations of e-mail as a vehicle for communication, as well as the international makeup of the community, you will be misunderstood again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Ok, I followed that thread through from start to finish.... RMJ - you may have an encyclopedic knowledge of Alizée, but you need to learn or practice a little bit of diplomacy!
Think of yourself as a representative of Alizée (because you are - always). Imagine how she greets her fans. As her representative, don't you want to make sure you come across as she would want you to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
It's just always suprised me that someone who spends so much time studying, listening, collecting, contributing ect to Alizée can come off as being so arrogant and stubborn in almost everything he posts. I would think some of her charm would make you a little nicer. RMJ you say you are joking some of the time, but no one seems to get the jokes except for you..
Sometimes you want to demand the respect you have earned by your knowledge, while at other times you just want to have fun (and often there is a mix of both). The problem is that others often can't tell which you is speaking.
As this is an international forum, many will simply not "get it" unless you spell it out.

I hope you learn how to, as I, for one, enjoy and benefit from having you here.