View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

My god, it's so hard to pick!

After a single listen, forcing myself not to go back and play any again, I went with Par Les Paupieres. The opening music really made me sit up and take notice. I wasn't willing to hit "can't decide," although that's what I should say, the whole album is pretty incredible.

If I didn't pick PLP, I'd have picked probably Idealiser or L'Effet. That said, there are at least 5 songs I could put as favorites - Par Les Paupieres, Lilly Town, Idealiser, L'Effet, or Fifty-Sixty. For PLP, it's the opening music. For Lilly Town, it's the playfulness and fun. For Idealiser, its her voice that blows me away. For L'Effet, it's the sincerity, and the demonstration of great skill in another genre. For Fifty-Sixty, it's awesome driving music.

I like everything else as well, though. Décollage with be my least listened to, as I don't generally listen to rap at all, but I actually don't dislike it. Psychédélices, Jamais Plus, Mon Taxi Driver, and Lonely List all are good too, I'll listen to them lots! MJ I love, and it's interesting to note they have reinserted one of the ahhh-ahhh lines that was removed between first leak and digital release, so it matches the video. Jamais Plus I could see connections with her love of Madonna, definitely the style of some Madonna songs. MTD is telling a story... I think my appreciation of it will grow when I fully understand it. I believe it was about taking a taxi to go see one's beloved, but don't quote me on that. Lonely List sounded like something she'd be singing/saying to her husband.

Ahhhh! So much goodness!

---Edit---
It's worth noting, for those who haven't heard them yet, that the sound on every track is now more refined than those 30 second clips from a couple days ago. Every last one of them! AAAAHHHHH!

Last edited by Cooney; 11-26-2007 at 02:55 PM..