View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 07:18 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

Well, I know Corsica is often put under the umbrella of the French nation, but if I'm not mistaken it seems to be considered something separate, too. I could be wrong.

Either way, I want to know if she left her Corsican home to sing in France proper. I just found the following at Alizée UK:

"When Alizée was 15 she auditioned for Graines de Star, firstly in the regional auditions in Corsica and then in Paris where she interpreted the song "Waiting for Tonight by Jennifer Lopez. The show highlights the talents of young performers and singers. Having been successful in the auditions she appeared on the show in February 2000 singing the song Ma Priére (my prayer) which was originally sung by Axelle Red. She returned to the show in April of the same year again performing Ma Priére (see right image) as well as being in a foursome singing oh happy days. Her performances on the show was so successful that it led to her being named the "Most promising young singing star of tomorrow".
Her talents were spotted by the famous French singer Myléne Farmer and Alizée was invited to audition for Myléne's latest project. After auditioning Alizée was selected by Myléne to perform Moi Lolita (me Lolita)."

The above makes it sound like there were regional tryouts in Corsica, but the real competition -- where she won and was recognized by Farmer -- occurred in France proper (or if you prefer, somewhere in France that's not Corsica ).

Maybe I should say she left her Corsican home to sing at a talent show in Paris. Perhaps that would be more accurate.

- N