View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Member

WindReaver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
That idea sounds fucked up. The whole reason Radiohead released the cd by themselves was because they were sick of greedy record labels charging way too much for music. Your idea with special stuff for high payers goes against their whole idea.

And to be honest, I doubt Alizée would be able to pull off a move like that. There's a huge difference in fanbase between the two,
Not fucked up at all. Between people getting fed up with the industry and piracy or whatever the reason might be CD sales are down, it is a dying market as everything is moving to digital.

I want to see Alizee continue to release new albums and am willing to pay a couple hundred for her CD's if it will accomplish that.

Do not attribute altruistic motives to what Radiohead is doing. Radiohead said that they did it because of the labels, but notice that they also released the album in a conventional deal with XL Recordings. They will not release the numbers for their download experiment and I have heard (unconfirmed) that they are charging a few million dollars for them.

As for the incentives for people to pay more, *shrug* that is just me wanting Alizee to get more money so she can keep making music. Was it Snatcher42 who quoted as possible sales figures 20,000? That's 200,000 to 400,000 dollars worth of sales for a price of $10 to $20 per CD. Will that even pay for the making of the MJ video?

As I said, this idea is out of a desire to see her continue to make music. She is paying out of her own pocket and the more money we can put there the more music she can make.