View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Banned

INDUSTRIAL is on a distinguished road
Default Why do you think Psychedelices became a watershed?

Watershed might be a too extreme word to use, yet her new album is a failure.
Some of you guys (especially Radio) might want to kill me for saying that her album is a failure. But let us face the fact. Its been a month since releasing and the album only sold about 33,000 copies (RMJ). Maybe, her album is just underdoing a cunctation. Maybe the failure is just my crotchet. This is really disappointing. It will probably gain silver recognition (50,000) but not gold (75,000). No one can be sure. With second album, she can bring a beautiful dance and pwn everybody wither her beauty and reach platinum.

Until now, her album was unsuccessful. So I just want to ask you why her album is not successful, and how it can be changed.
Some people might find my post mordant, but I think it is fair.

Okay here is my opinion.
First, her overall look. She is definitely looks changed from her flirt Lolita or JEAM image. And some of these changes might have bad effects. First, her hairstyle. I do not mind her coiffure; I actually like it. However, I it hated by many of her fans. Also, I think she should wear high heels, since she is small. Some of her stockings with colors make her look childish (my opinion, do not jump on me for this). I do not think her tatoo played an important since it is France where people are very open about those things.

Next, her marriage. I am not going into issue of Jeremy, but overall effects of marriage. First, since she is married, she cannot expose more of her skin and sing flirty songs. I do not think Anny Lee is a big problem since Jeremy is there to take care of her. However, because she is married, she cannot have lolita image and some of male fans turned away and gave her up. The producers were not as good as MF or LB. Also, the music video concentrates too much on other girls, while not featuring Alizee enough.

Also, her TV performances were bad. There were no dancing like in the music video and she did not move around much. Also her clothing should have been more kingky, underlinging her sexiness. Her performances with noobs were simply nightmare, though Moi Lolita one was not that bad.

As for interviews, I think it is the record label's fault. She is really hermitlike and avoids being a centre of attention (though DJK needs more attention ^^ DJK I love you). Mylene protected her from having a lot of interviews and most of the interviews were short. By having a lot of interviews, she lost her mysterious yet a normal person image formed by Mylene. Also, by turning away from Mylene, she lost some of Mylene's fans.

Her long absense. It was not very long, but the important thing is not much is known about what happened during the three years. So people started to think Alizee is gone and turned away from her (not us). Also, she needs to release an international album with English lyrics to invade N. America, where money can be found.

Also, she needs to dance. Alizee is a dancer. Dance got most of male fans to admire Alizee. But in MJ, except in music video, she did not dance. Dance is what made JEAM and JPVA successful. Further, she might not have enough experience to do everything by herself, though I believe in her.

In addition, the songs. The songs are generally good. I like them. However, it lacks a popular theme - love. Indeed, there are some love involved, yet, compared to her previous albums it lacks. Love is what pretty much everyone (except me) can relate to and is very easy to romanticize. Also, her first single choice was bad. MJ is definitely the best song of the new album. However, it is too far from mainstream pop. Also, her lyric or MJ was simply horrible; I believe except some girls, no once connect to it. I feel thirty other people waiting to kill me.

Please stop reading this if you are already angry at me
After this, I cannot assure that anyone can control his or her temper.

Her songs lack connection to her previous two albums and what defines Alizee. Well, people like me (who should be honourably committing suicide rather than whining like this) expected Lolita or Gourmandises and are disappointed with her new album. Also, it is just a mixtuer of bunch of other styles and lacks her previous music styles (though some songs like Idealiser and L'effet still retains them).

This is my little opinion. I guess most of you are angry at me. I did not write this to anger you are to be rude, just to analyze her album and get your opinions.

The important thing is future. She should quickly move on to her second album, either 50/60, PLB, Decollage, or Lilly Town, and return with better music video and dance. And she should do more international promotions and make international albums. Maybe appearing in movies can be good. More photoshoots (important).

Psyche sold only about 33,000. Yet the future is not gloomy. She did a great job and she can do better.

I really hope this thread is not popular, so peope do not get mad at me.

Last edited by INDUSTRIAL; 01-05-2008 at 12:04 AM..