View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Alizée is having to work just as hard as her peers (maybe even harder) to gain fans and CD sales. No one is handing it to her on a silver platter. This comeback stuff is very tricky business and she has to feel her way through it. I’m sure it’s hard for her to know just how to present herself for maximum effect this time around. The world has changed and so has she. There will be bumps in the road and wrinkles to iron out. We all know she has the talent, brains and the charm to pull it off. Regardless, much of her success is in the hands of the music buying public in France and it’s not totally within her control. An artist’s relationship with the audience is give and take. She’s probably not feeling the same vibe from the audience she once was used to and it may be affecting her own response to them.

As far as the live singing issue goes, at this point I will only say that I think I understand what it is about. I have had to work with similar issues in the past. Suffice it to say that she has done a good job singing live before and can do it again. Alizée is a good singer. Her voice is not the sole product of some studio magic. I think most of us here already know that. I have enjoyed her performances, I love the CD, and I’m really fond of Alizée as a person.