View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Some Mexicans have posted in the past that when they first saw the Alizée “La Isla Bonita” video they thought she might be Spanish.
Very well possible. Not really important, but I thought the big hype started with the JEAM appearance?
And it became quickly clear for them she wasn't Spanish after all.
Quote:
Mexico is probably both an importer and exporter of music, whereas the US is mostly an exporter.
Very true I guess, wich makes Mexicans more open to foreign music.
Quote:
The French and Spanish languages have a common root which is different than English. Mexicans are probably more likely to be multilingual than Americans, and therefore more accepting of music in a different language, even if they don’t understand French that well.
Also true. But speaking for myself; I don't give a sh#t about the language the music is sung in. If I like the sound, it's just fine by me. I can always find out in some way what the lyrics are about if I want to know...
I like Italian and Hungarian a lot for instance but I don't understand a lick of it
Quote:
Though one must wonder why she isn’t big in all of Latin America.
Yes, never thought about that... Good question.
Quote:
I think any foothold Alizée establishes in the Americas is a good thing. The Mexicans may very well end up exporting Alizée into the US to some extent.
I really hope so for you American fans. It must be somekind of frustrating, and I understand that. Keep fingers crossed, you never know what happens.