Thread: France Baby
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 06:37 PM
T'es divine

Ricardo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GianGian View Post
I think that the visitors are the one who should get courtesies. If someone goes to your house to have dinner do you make them cook their food?
I think that there is no good reason for receiving somebody rudely. I have nothing against french people, but this is the only country that I have heard about that people do this.
France is a developed nation, I imagine that most people there speak english to the degree of being able to help a tourist.
And we Portuguese speakers are well-known for our hospitality... There are a lot (and I mean a LOT) English tourists in Portugal during the summer and not even one can speak a word in Portuguese? Do we find that offensive? No, because we're used to it, we must speak English and you guys seem to think that everybody speaks it (no offense please). But it still kinda annoys me because no one gives to the trouble of speaking Portuguese when we go to another country. It's sad but true... But yeah, latin languages are so much harder to learn than English...