Thread: France Baby
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 09:10 AM

ajaccio corsica is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

hi
it's because bengalore is a big city, of course there are ppl who speak english in bombay or delhi, but just gotta travel across the country to realize ppl don't use english to speak each others
dreamer is unable to understand, I know it's pretty complicated to understand things when you don't know what the country looks like, hiowever it's obvious that english is not that spoken in india
again it's absolutely normal: ppl are right to defend their culture and language is part of culture
there are also political reasons, basically english was the language of the country that invaded them, india became independent in 1947 and it's natural for them to use their own languages instead of the invader's one
same problem in china, the only place where you're basically sure you'll be understood is hong kong
and of course the only place when you're sure everybody will understand you when you speak english is..... england
this country should be more touristic, huh?
I have to work with asians every day and believe me it's often complicated to be understood, especially with japanese or thais, they mostly speak a very basic english and use online translators for written things
thanks god there are some thai ppl in ajaccio and I ask them to write directly in thai language
I found this stuff about french language in the us
http://www.fll.vt.edu/French/whyfrench.html
I think you already know most of what's written but it's still interesting
cheers

Last edited by ajaccio corsica; 03-02-2008 at 09:42 AM..