View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo! View Post
Gracias! Daniel006 (Alizée Mexico)

THE SENSATION OF FRENCH POP

This showy singer is a musical phenomenon. We give you the reasons to consider her unique!

Very few times is it the case that an extremely sexy artist is admired not only by men, but even thousands of women. Sometimes in Mexico we go out to listen to music that is sung by a artist who sings not in Spanish or English. And we can almost consider it a miracle that a performer gets great fame without having done intensive promotions. Why did Alizee achieve these three things? We can say that we have a special case in our country.

HER CASE IS UNIQUE IN MEXICO

ALIZEE IN MEXICO

Since the year 2000 the singer started to sell millions of discs in France, when after winning a talent show she got transformed into a star. In short time almost all of Europe her single "Moi, Lolita" (Me, Lolita) became a hit. Two years afterwards, and without any promotions, this song started to be listened to in Mexico. In 2006 a video was circulating among Mexicans that was a presentation by Alizee, recorded three years ago, when she was always an adolescent and shined in an extremely sensual way. In the recording she also sang another single: "J'en ai Marre!" (I am fed up), of her second CD. The video caused so much admiration that the public wanted to know who was this French sex symbol. So, now that her fame was created, causing her DVD to be rapidly launched as a Mexico-only version, in which was included the best songs of her two past albums. We can say that before Alizee's songs were broadcast on national radio, everybody was already dancing to them in the clubs. Success that does not occur very often.

In the month of march, the beautiful French girl visited Mexico to promote her new album release "Psychedelices". The girl promoted went back to the second part of the year to give concerts and to please her Mexican fans.

PERSONAL INFORMATION

NAME: Alizee Jacotey
PLACE AND DATE OF BIRTH: Ajaccio, Corsica, born on the 21st of August 1984.
HEIGHT: 1.61 cm
WEIGHT:45 kg (99.2 lbs)
Her mother Michelle is a businesswoman; her father Joseph, is in computers.
WHAT SHE LIKES THE MOST IN LIFE Dancing.
BRAD PITT Is her favourite actor.
JULIA ROBERTS Is her favourite actress.
IN SPORTS She admires her countryman Zinedine Zidane.
SHE HAS A YOUNGER BROTHER called Johan.
THE SINGER SHE ADMIRES THE MOST Madonna.

THE NAME OF THE SINGER CAME FROM HER PARENTS PASSION FOR SAILING. ALIZEE MEANS 'TRADE WINDS', WHICH ARE THE WINDS THAT BLOW UPON THE MEDITERRANEAN.

- Since she was little, Alizee felt an inclination towards dance. When she was four she already was taking classes of dancing and sing. She was already a very talented person!

- When she was 11, an airline set a contest in which kids were supposed to design the outside of a plane. She won it, and she got her first voyage to the Maldives. Afterwards, her design was reproduced on a plane, which was called 'Alizee'.

- Her weakness is candy, especially gummies.

- Her favourite animal is the dolphin.

- Tout Alizee, a CD-DVD which includes a documentary about the singer, was on sale in Mexico only.

- Her favourite TV show is Friends

- She collects toys. "Once I said that I liked stuffed teddy bears, and since then thats the gift I receive the most", she says.

- The choreography of "J'en ai marre!" is used in the videogame World of Warcraft. The video of this same song, which is available on the site of youtube.com, which is what got her known in Mexico, has more than 6 500 000 visits!

HER DREAM IS TO SING WITH MADONNA

HER CAREER

- In 1999, Alizee registered on to the show Graines de Star (Seeds of Stars) with the intention of participating in a dancing contest; but since she went alone, they didn't accept her, because the requirements were for groups. So she chose to participate in the singing contest, where she was approved. With just two showings in the program, Alizee got a recording contract.
- In the same year, Mylene Farmer, a famous French singer, and her husband the musician Laurent Boutonnat, made a big musical project for an adolescent. They knew her and decided upon her.
- In the 21st of May 2000 she was heard for the first time on "Moi...Lolita" (Me, Lolita). The single sold more than a million and a half copies just in France.
- Of her first album, Gourmandises (delicacies), there were more than four singles done.
- Her music went to Japan, Canada, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, England, and Russia in 2001.
- In March 2003, "Mes Courants Electriques" was promoted (My electric currents). Of this disc the single "J'en ai Marre!" surged to success, and put out four more singles in France. The international edition included four songs in English; 4 million copies were sold.
- In 2003, she gave a concert in France, which her fans called "memorable", in the Olympia stadium, in Paris.
- In October 2004, Alizee recorded a disc in concert, with the best of her performances. She appeared again during the end of 2007, with the CD Psychedelices, in which the producers who got her career started and helped her to release CDs were no longer a part of.

PERSONAL LIFE

- Her husband, Jeremy Chatelain, is a musician and a pop singer, who is also French. They knew each other from a presentation in Eurobest (2003).
- They married in Las Vegas, in November 2003.
- On the 29th of April 2005, her daughter Anny-Lee was born, who was adored by both.

In 2002 she was awarded with a World Music Award for the high sales of her discs.

IN HER OWN WORDS

- My great passion is dance. I practiced 8 hours a week. I like very much jazz and flamenco.
- My favourite film is 'Le grand bleu' (Great blue). I identify with the character of Jacques mayo, who speaks with the dolphins. I am fascinated, my great dream is to swim beside them.
- The difference between this disc - Psychedelices - and the ones before is that now I want to change and experiment with the unique sounds of rock.
- About her long absence, she says: "I needed more time with my family, although I also dedicated myself to listening to other artists, like Gorillaz, Gwen Stefani and The Killers, to know which sounds I was going to include in my new material.
- The image of a lolita was the idea of my producer. Its not something that bothers me.
- I didn't know that I was famous in Mexico, I knew it through various websites.

TRADUCCION PARA GARCONCANADIEN

Last edited by garçoncanadien; 04-20-2008 at 01:49 PM..