View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 01:12 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well I had just posted this interview to FB from 2001, where they are complaining about the fact that they weren't granting any interviews and keeping 'Alizee' a secret, so I think her not communicating with her fans was something that was drilled into her by MF. She is also naturally kind of shy which adds to the secrecy.
Thanks for posting the vid, Scruffy. Very interesting. Certainly the air of mystery and secrecy surrounding Alizee worked like a charm back in her early days. MF knew exactly what she was doing.

She is free from MF now. Alizee's sales for the last three albums tell an important story. Might as well add Psyche as well, because it didn't do so great either. If she is secret because she wants to be, that is one thing. If she remains secret because she is sticking with the formula that MF had for her, well... it's not working anymore.

I think if she started communicating with her fans and does some interviews, and yes, answer some of the tough questions he would have to face, her popularity would soar.