View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 12:06 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

@Bigdan: ROFL.

Anyways, about the scholarship idea:

Quote:
I think we should leave choosing the student who benefits in their hands alone. Perhaps we might only ask for a name and photo we could post on our Web site, assuming the student's parents had no privacy objections.
If the school just selected a student and we gave them the money, don't you think that the whole idea of publicizing Alizee will be defeated? The student will be enrolled in the school and we will pay the fees. That's it. Second, I assume people in Corsica already know a lot about Alizee. After Napolean, she is probably the most popular (internationally) Corsican

Quote:
One cannot be sure if the school would play it up in the manner I imagine in my proposal, and if Alizée's team would see it as the same type of publicity opportunity for her I have suggested. I have not really scoped the school out at all! Do they have other scholarship funds? Is there some practical angle I am missing in my naivety?
It is very possible that Alizee's team may not like this idea at all. Many people might feel that all this is being done as a publicity stunt because her album is not performing well. So, it might have a very negative impact on her image in France. We should make sure that our actions will not result in any possible negative consequences for her.