View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 08:12 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
Remember Catalonia's drive for independence has plunged Spain into its biggest political crisis for 40 years.
Catalonia wants complete independence. I don't think Corsica wants to be independent from France, but I could be wrong.

An interesting sentence in the BBC article is that thousands of businesses in Catalonia has cut back operations since the crisis. There lies the economic political risk of these nationalist movements causing turmoil - it's not good for business.

There has always been a group of secessionists in Texas that wants to split the state off into its own republic. Being a very conservative state, the group has been growing as Washington continues to impose legislation that many in Texas deem immoral. And recently even California, who is as far left as Texas is far right, has threatened the same. Both are economic powerhouses, but are the pieces greater than the whole? If either actually pull out of the union (which I don't beleive would ever happen), it would be a grave mistake.

I wonder what Alizee thinks of the nationalist movement in Corsica? I know she is a proud Corsican. but she loves Paris too.