View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Uh, yeah. I don't think that has anything to do with her, just people she's working with. But yeah, it gives you an idea of the kind of people she knows or is working with maybe. Institubes in any case.
Exactly. I could be wrong, but I think it serves a dual purpose of pimping a cool, ambitious and artistically risky project that somebody on the same label is working on...while maybe giving us some insight into how Institubes does its thing.

I must say, I am really intrigued by Dodecalogue. Everything about it tickles me, from the theme to the delivery system, from the whole multi-tier patronage angle to the 'grand experiment' feel of the whole thing. Just the fact that they essentially say "seriously, what the hell are we thinking?" right there in the promotional blurb is awesome. Even though I've never heard any of R O B's music before tonight (though I do really dig the three samples I've heard), I find myself really tempted to support it just for the hell of it. Just the idea of it is crazy, ambitious, quixotic, and kind of brilliant. It reminds me an awful lot of the year that Jonathan Coulton spent on his 'Thing A Week' project, which was a completely awesome experience.

Look at how easy they're making it to get internationally, too, directly from them. Gotta say, it fills me with hope.