View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 05:05 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

LOL. It's completely an internal issue. Relationships are never about "worth." Love is sort of like a random madness that can hit anyone. This is why from time to time you see fat ugly guys who have nothing going for them with attractive women. There's no such thing as a "woman out of your league." It's all in your head. I used to be nervous around women back when I was a teenager, but then I came to the realization that the majority of "beautiful women" aren't even good enough for me. How many pretty girls do you know who are anywhere near as sweet, gentle, and genuinely KIND as Alizèe? Not too many.

I don't get nervous around attractive women anymore. I know the kind of attention they get and I react to them depending on how they carry themselves. For example, there was this really pretty woman I saw the other day who EVERYONE was staring at. Even the WOMEN were looking at her. I noticed that she was extremely rude to the cashier over something petty. And when she left, she didn't even hold the door for this elderly person, slammed the door in his face, then sped off in her BMW. It totally turned me off and I can tell you right now that I ignored her the entire time, didn't even look at her. Not only was I NOT nervous, but I had the urge to tell her off for being such a jerk.

When you meet a pretty woman who is also NICE, that's a different story. But I still don't get nervous in a situation like that. There's no point in being nervous. The problem is that most regular guys get nervous around women who are hot because they automatically think "oh my god she's so beautiful. Oh my god I'm nothing compared to her." But I personally just take a step back, remember who I am, the great qualities I possess, and all is well again.

Ever since I've been into Alizèe, I've found it infinitely easier to talk to pretty women. The secret is to not expect anything too radical out of it. If you go in there worrying about what you're saying and hoping that you'll somehow get to marry her, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Just enjoy yourself and talk to her. Back when I was the nervous type, I FORCED myself to talk to strangers. All kinds of people. Not just pretty women, but old people, dudes, etc. Once you get comfortable talking to ANYONE, a pretty girl won't have the same effect on you. Trust me.