View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:05 AM

Kronos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
And welcome to Alizee America where Alizee's shits gold!
Actually I would rather put is as "Welcome to Alizee America, where any form of optimism makes you a delusional idiot"

I don't post often here but I do read most threads, and I've really got to say that this is one of the most cynical fan communities that I have ever encountered. Alizée is clearly not the most active performer, and after nearly 4 years of that I would've imagined that people got used to it, but I don't know if it still makes people frustrated. Few years ago, people were getting all excited when one tiny picture popped up on the web and discussed it happily, but now these forums are just filled negativity and worthless crying about tattoos that goes on for hundreds of pages. One thing that I have noticed several times is that if anyone actually likes her current work and does not criticize it down to the smallest detail, but just enjoys it for what it is, then he will be branded as a crazy fanboy who is still in that stage that I think most of us have been in, where she is perfect and can do nothing wrong. Of course criticism is important, but it does get really tiring reading trough pages and pages of negativity and stupid arguments, only to have the one tiny hint of optimism be buried.

I was excited when the video came out, leaked or not, as I wanted to join the lively discussion, but all I got was complaining about the song, the editing, Sony, the album, everything. I'm not sure if you guys expected some Spielberg oscarbait movie or as someone mentioned a Lady Gaga-budget type of video, but it really isn't that bad. I quite enjoyed it, I liked the story it portrays, the song is fine although it's not my type, and that is my opinion.

I'm not really sure what the point is in being an active fan if you honestly think things are only going to get worse. I just needed to vent this out as you guys could use to put some things in perspective.