View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 02:45 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Exclamation "Open Letter to Alizée" Project!

Eureka! An Idea Of A Bunch Of Ideas!

Guys & Gals,

On the Lillytown forum, on the discussions about the new album, some of the fans are nervous. Some of what they're saying was very surprising to me! Probably to some of you, too.

They're concerned for their girl, and her future career!

After her years of privacy, Alizée's comeback album "Psychedélices" was not considered a big success. In fact, they called it a commercial semi-failure.

And they're grateful for "The Mexican Miracle"** (their expression) for having saved her from the "yesterday's pop-stars trash bin" (my expression). (¡Gracias a todos nuestros miembros y amigos mejicanos!)

But they don't know if a Mexican Miracle will happen again, or if it'd even be enough to keep Wisteria Song in business....

To get to the point - they're actually hoping that this new album will be the one to break through for her in the US and Canada. Get it? We all want the same thing!

And it could very well happen, if we just sit back and write fan letters all day.

OR WE COULD POOL OUR FAN-LETTER-WRITING PROWESSES TOGETHER!

We've all had ideas for promotions and inroads. Ways to help more of the ignorant to become enlightened by Lilly, until enough are enlightened and she'd be compelled to do a US tour and play in (your town name here).

I'm proposing we all put our best ideas together, translate 'em together, and send 'em all off together!

...well, nobody said anything, so I guess I'll start:

Dear Miss Alizée,

We all (blahblahblah) adore you (blahblahblah) and (AlizeeAmerica.com) (blahblahblah)...

We want to help you to conquer the US. To that end, here are our top suggestions on how to wow the populace and take your rightful place as queen of the world:
(we can all edit this stuff later, too)

1) Be on Letterman. Or Ferguson, or even Kimmel, or O'Brian. Or Leno. Or all of 'em.
--stinky53, Toad Suck Dam, AR

2) Go on The View.
-- Pinky, Pocatello, ID

3) etc. etc. etc.

That could be the start, anyway. Just post your best ideas here, then we'll put 'em all together in a list. Within a week or so, I think we might really hit a few good ones. Then we'll convert it and post it. She couldn't help but to notice, somehow! Seriously.

And after some past marketing miscalculations (like Yoopidoo in english!), I don't see how our suggestions could be any worse. Maybe even better! Write your observations or opinions, your grandma's pork cake recipe, or whatever else you think might help soften up the squooshy minds of the American people.

Suggestions or further questions for our French counterparts will surely come up as well, I hope. We'll deal with that then.

Yes, this may sound like those groups of school kids that get to meet the president by writing a school letter. Well, yes. And they succeed--they get to meet the president! Hey this system works! But how many schools are there? A lot more that don't get to meet him, or attract anyone's notice, that's for sure. How many Alizée America forums are there? Just this one here that I'm writing at! Whaddya say?

**"The Mexican Miracle": After dismal initial sales, the disc and the star just suddenly caught on in Mexico, selling (? millions ?) of copies. I don't know how many, but it was a lot.