View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 07:34 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminAlizée333 View Post
Aspartame is another common toxic additive which, has been seen in studies and clinical research, produce neurotoxic effects.
Omega 3 has a neuroprotective effect against aspartame.

Some of the population is deficient in Omega 3's!
I have been wary of products containing aspartame for quite some time. I have a sweet tooth, but also watch my calorie intake, so if I can find a No Sugar Added product or a Sugar Free product, I always check the ingredients for aspartame. I do love Diet 7-Up, and I know it contains aspartame, but I never drink more than one can a day if I do have one.

I read an article about Omega-6 fatty acids and how the general population, especially young people, consume way too much of it in relation to Omega-3. Potato chips and processed foods that contain vegetable oils are a main culprit. It's not that Omega-6 is BAD in of itself, but the ratio of Omega-6 vs Omega-3 can be such that if there is an overload of O6 vs O3, it has been linked to behavioral problems in children, such as ADHD. In a controlled study, adjusting the diets of the test subjects by increasing intake of O3 and decreasing O6 showed marked improvements in behavioral issues, and probably saved them from having to take Ritalin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminAlizée333 View Post
What about fruit?
Mangos and oranges are my favorite
My digestive system does not tolerate many fruit, especially ones with high citric acid content. Oranges, grapefruit, plums, lemons, lime, etc. all on my Do Not Eat list. Interestingly, a lemon flavor is one of my favorite flavors (such as in 7-Up), or in desserts, or sprinkling lemon juice on seafood, even pasta!

Some fruit I just don't like the texture, like peaches, apples, and mangos. I stick with fruit that I like and tolerate well, such as bananas, pears, grapes, red wine