View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 05:33 AM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Post How I discovered Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Welcome to the forum Alizée-Nederland. Is there more to your story?
Thank you.

I discovered Alizée when I went to France for the first time.

When I arrived on vacation in Paris on August 20, 2000 Alizée was like everywhere, although after translating the "Moi... Lolita - Alizée" text from the posters in Dutch I first thought her name was Lolita.
The French-Dutch dictionary listed "Moi" as being "I" and "Lolita" as a girl's name of Spanish origin, while it listed "Alizée" as trade winds, so I first thought "Moi... Lolita - Alizée" meant "I, Lolita - am going for the wind" (as in being successful), which didn't surprise me after seeing her posters all over the place and hearing her music.
So first I thought I had translated the text from the posters very well, only to find out later after the single was released in The Netherlands that my translation was completely wrong.

Music wise there was only the Moi... Lolita single, which could be heard playing on different places throughout the city.

It was impossible not to see Alizée in Paris back then, being on every poster wall and in (magazines in) all kiosks we came by.

Back then you didn't just take pictures of everything (no digital camera's yet), although I still would like to find pictures of how the streets of Paris looked in August 2000 with those same "Moi... Lolita - Alizée" posters like literally everywhere.

I later found out I discovered Alizée on the last day that we were both 15 years old.
Because I remember everything so well it doesn't feel like over 20 years ago at all, more like last month or so.