View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 08:17 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Business 101 - It's never your fault.
Business 102 - If you are accused of breach of contract, destroy the client.

Let's take emotions out of this for a while. Put on your business mind.

#1 - Why would Alizee add the clause that in case of cancellation, the artist would not reimburse payment?

My answer is to ensure that the promoter/organizer fulfill their end of the deal. If there is something on the line, money, it is a great motivating factor. I need to do some research, but is this arrangement really out of the ordinary? Do you think Mylene would do a show if all the T's weren't crossed and the I's dotted? If anything, Mylene might have advised Alizee on how to structure a contract to reduce risk. Show biz can be a nasty business, and face it, Alizee could have been any other musical act. Promoters are out to make maximum profit - period.

#2 - Why would the organizer stoop to new lows, only matched by tabloid magazines, to say the real reason for the cancellation was that Alizee "was still upset", as they put it.

Paraphrase: Oh yes, the overly emotional woman. She's a woman, so she can't possibly know much about business. So she's still mad, and she ruined everything.

Remember, this is Mexico, not Europe or the US. Very macho and woman are still expected to be submissive. This is a very low blow attempting to clear their name and deflect blame of everything on Alizee. And might as well make it sound like she planned the cancellation after she received payment, making her out to be a thief.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-11-2018 at 08:34 PM..