View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 03:58 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Would like to hear if there are any native English speakers here who went on to learn French, or anyone really, is it worth it?
I took 4 years of Spanish back in high school-- and I can neither speak it nor understand it.

I discovered Alizee in March 2018, and since then I've been studying French on again and off again. (More off than on, I have to admit.) At this point, I can sort of read French-- sort of.

Anyways...

Here are two suggestions:

1) "Pierre" on youtube.

There are numerous French instructors on youtube, but Pierre is unique in that his videos are in French--- he teaches French in French. There are English (as well as French) captions to help you along.

Search "Francais Pierre" on youtube.

2) "Hacking French" (book)

The book is sort of a crash-course in French. Its an interesting book.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
In regards to speaking and learning the language among native French speakers, that may be difficult. Of course there's lots of resources online, though regardless of the media consumed, or even joining French speaking forums, what ever it is, it wouldn't fully prepare me for speaking in person. Maybe such an opportunity to converse in person will present itself, we'll see.
Try Pierre. He talks to you in French, and there are French and English captions.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 08-22-2020 at 03:58 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts