View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 10:15 PM

Fralizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Ok, so I was listening to Psychédélices once again and I don't know why I didn't see/hear this sooner but: This album is so very good.

Some songs have really nice orchestration and subtle little details (and it is details that can make the difference between a good and a great song IMHO) that really make it special. Most of songs are not as "easy on the ears" as those on Gourmandises and Mes Courants Électriques but most of it is also more interesting. Alizée has definitely made big progress as an artist with this album. Which is good since she can't be the cute lolita forever.

So all the people who don't like the new stuff: Give it another listen!
Her old fan base was used to easy listening music together with her beautiful voice and we listened to her songs endlessly, because we got addicted to them. It was too hard to switch to a new style of music that Psychedelices brought with it.
It seems to me there are two kinds of fans now, the old ones that were hypnotized by the original Alizee and the new fans that got to know her from her new Album. It is hard to criticize taste; I'll just stick to my old love for Alizee.