View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 10:32 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Having verified my account with Youtube, that allowed me to up my limits on how long a video I could post, thinking the new limit was 20, but I guess the new limit, is acually the size of the file. So it looks like I could've done this all in one post, but if I had to put together a 50 minute video, it would probably never get done, at least not with the amount of detail of what I'm trying to put into this. I think it will work out better this way.

I had made that post last night with the Idealiser lyrics around 1 am. I was tired at the time and as I said, I put a lot into it and think I got it very close to what was intended. As I said, the writer said he wrote this song about a woman who went through tough times, then commited suicide and those how I tried to interpret it with little to go on really and I said only someone with a vivid imagination could think this was directed at MF.

This morning, after a good nights sleep, I decided to proof read it, especially the lyrics and it was like getting hit right between the eyes. I thought how could someone not think this was about MF.

The veneer is cracking
Under the idol

Of course idol would be MF and I think the verneer is cracking refered to Jeremy telling her about the deeper meanings of the song, so Alizee did not look upon Mylene in the same terms she did before.

That which hurts and we leave behind.

She was leaving MF behind and no matter what the reason, I'm sure it hurt.\

Snow white exhibited
to the archangels

Though she didn't have it at the time, Alizee has a tattoo of Snow White on her arm now, showing it was an important chacacter to her. Of course MF revealed Snow White (Alizee) to the archangels but here archangels just referred to the masses.

plan to go away and not return

Alizee left and had no plans of returning

The small club-kid
does not love the day

Alizee, the small-club kid was not happy with her career at that point

and to him asked
One last kiss

I think this should have been to "her" asked referring to one last kiss. Supposedly they left on good terms and this last kiss would have been a kiss on both cheeks as the French so often do on meeting or departing with a close friend.

The line referring to the late 70s seems to have nothing to do with MF or Zee.

As far as the line about alcohol; I have no idea if MF drinks or not but it's possible this line too has nothing to do with Mylene.

The snow in downtown seems to have no connection to either one

Maybe this song wasn't about MF, but it's very easy to see why a lot of people may have felt it was and probably the only way to disprove that would be if the writer had maybe posted at some point who this woman was he said he wrote the song about. Maybe it's out there?

Now I have to try and come up with a good interpretation for Seulement pour te plaire which Tina Arena sang and which will turn into another translation.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-12-2016 at 11:01 AM..