View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 09:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

There has been absolutely no performer who has had the impact on my life the way Alizee has and I'm no spring chicken and I've definitely seen my share of performers. I'm mainly speaking of terms of the Alizee we knew in the years from 1999 to 2004.
First of all theres her beauty. She's just incredibly beautiful. There are a lot of beautiful singers out there. Shania Twain, Stevie Nicks, Jewell, Shakira, Gwen Stefani,Whitney Houston, Faith Hill,so many others but Alizee has a certain uniqueness to her beauty especially in the way she performs. The way she would flip her head when singing Moi Lolita in Amsterdam, the way she would roll her eyes when singing Gourmandises, the way she would wave to the crowd at many performances. I'm going to attach a short film clip I just uploaded to youtube which I think is one of the most beautiful shots of her. A still picture of this moment would have been amazing by itself but when you add in the smile and the little dip of the head it becomes priceless.
Second of all there's her singing. I know there are some songs she does that sound much better in the sound studio so she lip syncs them on stage but I couldn't care less about that. All I care about is the fact that the origonal music coming out of that studio is made by her. Her en concert dvd was done live. No lip syncing. I've never heard a concert that i enjoyed as much as this one. Nothing even comes close.
Then there's her dancing. Just awesome and I think you have to give Mylene Farmer or whoever came up with these routines a lot of credit. Of course Alizee deserves a tremendous amount of credit too. Look how confidently she performed these dances at the age of 16! They were all so wonderfully unique, JAM, ML, JPVA, Youpidoo, Gourmandises and L'Alize
No, I'm sure I'll never see anyone as wonderful as her again, at least not in my life time.
There's one thing I wonder about. A lot of us in America didn't find out about her until the past two years. Now normally when you find a singer you like. You find maybe 1 or 2 songs you like when you discover them, then maybe 6 months later they comes out with another song you like, then maybe a year later they come out with a couple of more songs you like, but with Alizee, I found out about all these great songs at once. What an amazing time that was. I wonder if that had an influence on how strongly I feel about her music. I really don't think so but who knows?
As far as the Alizee that we now see. She is still a very beautiful woman. Still has a beautiful voice but I think her career is going in th wrong direction. It's a crime to re-orchestrate the wonderful music of her early years. The magic is gone.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wnga2fsTvM0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wnga2fsTvM0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-03-2008 at 09:35 PM..