View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 04:21 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Had you presented your argument in a constructive way, then I would have been more respectful. It's okay to criticize, but let's do it in a constructive way. Instead, you quickly dismissed my idea like it's non-sense. You are like one of those bosses that everyone hates to work for because they think they know all the answers and wouldn't even listen to their employees.

I was offering a new idea, idea that worked for an anonymous singer from a third world country whose accomplishment at her own country or anywhere else prior to this, pale in comparison to that of Alizee's. If you compare their resumes side-by-side, it's not even close. And we're just talking about the accomplishments here (awards, record sales, etc). We are not even talking about their INTANGIBLES (popularity, name-recognition, looks, dancing ability, etc).

And that's what I'm trying to present to all: What are we doing wrong? Logic would tell you that it would have been a lot easier to promote here someone from a Western country like Alizee, given her talents, proven record sales around the world, popularity, etc.

There's a lot of people here that I respect and whose opinions I value. People like Scruffy, Lefty, Doc, Ben, C-4, MYGOGT and some others whose works, tireless efforts and well-intentioned opinions have made this site worth coming back to. Given your prior work, if true, would have earned you my respect easily as well. Unfortunately, you decided to present your opinion in a dismissive way. And now, not only did you insult me, you also insulted all the other recent and new fans here. WAY TO GO!!!
Mm-Hm. Well, calmly allow me to explain myself:

I the past we have taken a look at many other foreign singers (Nelly Furtado to be exact, with others included) who had caused a stir in America and their original country. Coming out of all studies with no new ideas I thought I would put this down before it got too far. My apologies to you and others I offended.

(Just got a notification. Bomb threat in PARIS, FRANCE EIFFEL TOWER: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39177318/?GT1=43001)

Anyway: They are true. If you ask around and get a feel for the other projects we have undertaken you would have understood my statement. So in conclusion:

Sorry if that came over wrongly, I hope we can get past this minor set back. After all, we all want the same thing here.

Last comment: For constructive criticism, although she may have been not so popular in her country, Alizee is.

You said: "What are we doing wrong? Logic would tell you that it would have been a lot easier to promote here someone from a Western country like Alizee, given her talents, proven record sales around the world, popularity, etc."

Clearly that is not the case, for now we have Charice in America and Alizee isn't.

Being the mean boss: What I want to know is what action you will take you put your idea to the test. Answer that with a REAL ACHIEVABLE ANSWER, and we will follow you every step of the way.

Last edited by BlackAnthem; 09-14-2010 at 04:30 PM..